Leading nutritionist shares top nutritional tips for men in honour of Men’s Health Week
- Men’s Health Week (12th – 19th June 2022) aims to raise awareness of health problems faced by men of all ages.
- nutriburst, working alongside nutritionist Jenny Tschiesche, highlights the prevalence of Type 2 diabetes in males, and the importance of incorporating essential nutrients and vitamins into their diets.
- Tschiesche states there are numerous risk factors for diabetes and addressing them earlier on could prevent rapid development.
As Men’s Health Week approaches (12th – 19th June 2022), there’s never been a more important time to raise awareness of widespread health problems faced by a multitude of men.
Type 2 Diabetes, in particular, has become more prevalent amongst men than women, and the risk of development has also been shown to increase with age.
In fact, one in ten Brits over the age of 40 now has type 2 diabetes, and the number of people living with diabetes in the UK has reached 4.7 million, which is expected to reach 5.5 million by 2030.1
The UK’s leading sugar-free and vegan vitamin gummies brand, nutriburst, is working together with leading nutritionist Jenny Tschiesche, to offer advice on how to address this common health condition, encouraging men to incorporate vital vitamins into their diets to minimise the predisposing risk factors.
Jenny comments: “Detecting diabetic risk factors earlier is crucial, to help ensure that men of all ages are treated more quickly and feel supported in engaging in healthier lifestyle choices and activities.”
Type 2 Diabetes is the most common hormone-based disorder, and metformin is the most commonly prescribed medication. Metformin has been found to interfere with calcium metabolism, which can affect B12 absorption. Therefore, taking vitamin B12 and calcium supplementation whilst on metformin can make up for these shortfalls.
Low zinc levels are also found in those with prediabetes, as zinc is significantly associated with beta-cell function and insulin resistance2.
Jenny adds: “Men can find these vital nutrients in nutriburst Health & Vitality Multivitamins, alongside their Healthy Muscles & Bones vitamins, which I’d recommend taking daily”.
Jenny offers her advice on how to reduce the risk factors associated with diabetes, as part of a healthy lifestyle:
- Adhere to a lower glycaemic index diet: Some of the best and most well recognised ways of eating to help reduce the likelihood of type 2 Diabetes are to consume lower glycaemic index food and drink choices, in order to lower carbohydrate ingestion
- Take nutriburst gummies daily: Incorporating vitamins into an everyday lifestyle and daily routine can help minimise the predisposing factors known to contribute to Type 2 diabetes:
- Health & Vitality Multivitamins: These all-encompassing vitamins are specifically tailored to fit nutritional needs. The gummies contain vitamin C and zinc which work together to support the immune system, while B vitamins help to reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Healthy Muscles & Bones: The vitamins contain both calcium and vitamin D, contributing to normal energy-yielding metabolism and the functioning of the immune system
- Stop smoking: Smoking is an independent risk factor for diabetes, which increases the risk of complications such as heart disease, stroke, and circulation problems
- Reduce alcohol intake: Excess alcohol intake is associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes, so it’s important to minimise alcohol intake
Available in widely recycled packaging, the nutriburst products are all suitable for vegetarians and vegans, whilst also being gluten-free, sugar-free, halal, cruelty-free, and non-GMO. The full range is available to purchase online at http://www.nutriburstvitamins.com.
Launched in 2021, with a mission to make it tastier and easier for consumers to get high-quality products to meet their RDA through vitamins, nutriburst is the first vitamin brand to have developed a range of unique sugar-free vegan gummies, enriched with vitamins, botanical extracts, and minerals. The range has been designed to protect, purify and regenerate the body helping to maximise your day through delicious tasting vitamins that are good for you and the planet.
Formulated as the ultimate free from a vitamin supplement, nutriburst offers a range of vitamin products tailored to suit all needs. From energy to healthy hair skin and nails, or a multivitamin for health and vitality. Made in fully recyclable packaging, these gummies use only natural fruit flavours and genuine ingredients to create a quality product consumers can trust. Bursting with goodness, the range is pure, natural, invigorating, and uplifting – helping you to burst through life.
All the vitamins have been independently lab tested, endorsed by nutritionists, and are manufactured in a BRC-approved facility, so you know when you take nutriburst you are getting nothing but tasty goodness, which is absolutely critical to keeping you healthy.