searches in the UK for ‘BBQ recipes’ up by 40%, see below some easy-to-make summer recipes to try.
Vegan Potato and Strawberry Skewers
Meta Description: Looking for a new vegan BBQ recipe? Look no further! These vegan skewers are a one to try this summer.
Recipe Description: If you are looking for a plant-based option for your summer BBQ, we have you covered! These Vegan Potato and Strawberry Skewers are one to try this summer. Some might say potatoes and strawberries are an unusual combination but prepare to be amazed as the sweet and savoury flavours delight your taste buds.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Preparation time: 20 minutes
– 750g baby potatoes, washed
– 1 garlic clove
– 3tbsp olive oil
– 2tbsp water
– 1/4tsp salt
– Pinch pepper
– Pinch of chilli flakes
– 4 sage leaves
– 2 rosemary springs
– 2 thyme springs
– 1 red onion, sliced
– 1 green pepper, sliced
– 400g strawberries, trimmed
– 1 Primula Perfectly Plant tube
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
- Combine potatoes, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, rosemary, thyme, and olive oil in a bowl. Toss until potatoes are covered. Transfer to a rimmed baking tray.
- Add sage and garlic to the potatoes and bake on the bottom rack of the preheated oven. Add the water to prevent burning and bake for 40 minutes, turning the tray halfway after 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are ready, add the onion, pepper and strawberries onto the skewers (8 in total).
- Bake at 180C fan for 10 minutes. Then, switch to grill mode and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Take the skewers out of the oven, let them rest for a few minutes and top them with Primula Perfectly Plant.
Easy beany Burgers
We love a good vegan burger and this one tops the taste charts! Primula Perfectly Plant coats the ingredients in a creamy texture for a firm burger that won’t fall apart! Burger night just got even better.
50g pine nuts
Oil for frying
1 large onion
425g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
198g can sweetcorn, drained
140g Primula Perfectly Plant
85g fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Vegan burger buns
Salad leaves, to serve
1 large tomato, sliced, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan onto a plate and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop half of the onion, then slice the remaining half and put to one side for later. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and add the finely chopped onion. Fry gently until soft and just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, empty the kidney beans into a large bowl and mash well with a potato masher or fork. Add the pine nuts, drained sweetcorn and fried onion. Then stir in 4 tablespoons of Primula Perfectly Plant, half of the breadcrumbs and the parsley. Season to taste with black pepper and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and coat the outside of each burger with the remaining breadcrumbs. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and gently fry the remaining sliced onion until it is caramelised and golden. Remove from the pan and keep on one side to serve with the cooked burgers.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in the same frying pan and fry the beany burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Serve the beany burgers in buns with salad leaves and a slice of tomato. Top with a generous squeeze of Primula Perfectly Plant and crispy fried onion slices.
Divide the mixture into 8 smaller burgers and serve in pitta bread with salad leaves and a generous squeeze of Primula Perfectly Plant.
Herby Polenta Chips
Move over potatoes, polenta chips are in town! These golden bites are crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside and they’re seriously scrumptious! Simply serve with Primula Perfectly Plant for a delicious dip. Happy dunking!
500g pack of ready-made polenta
1-2 teaspoons Za’atar seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika, if liked
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh thyme, to garnish
140g Primula Perfectly Plant
1 pot tomato salsa, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, Gas 6.
- Slice the polenta into 1cm slices and cut in half again lengthways to make chip shapes.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush each polenta chip with olive oil. Sprinkle with Za’atar and paprika if using, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through and starting to brown at the edges. Sprinkle over thyme leaves as a garnish.
- Squeeze Primula Perfectly Plant into a bowl and serve alongside the salsa as dipping sauces for the polenta fries. Enjoy!