Global regenerative beauty and lifestyle pioneer, Ethique, is again revolutionising the beauty industry, this time with the launch of its first lipstick range in the brand’s signature plastic-free, home-compostable tubes.
Available in seven classic shades, from rich reds, to warm peaches and deep berry tones, each lipstick features a unique blend of nutrient-rich ingredients and child labour-free pigments to offer vibrant colour and a smooth satin finish. Even the home-compostable tube is designed to be buried in your garden or a plant-pot, returning valuable nutrients to the soil. Some facts below include:
- Ethique lipsticks achieve long-lasting colour and a smooth satin finish through their unique blend of nutrient-rich ingredients and child labour-free pigments
- Even the home-compostable tube is designed to be buried in your garden or a plant-pot, returning valuable nutrients to the soil
- The climate-positive range is also plastic-free and certified vegan, palm oil-free and cruelty-free, just like all Ethique products
- Each of the seven gorgeous and timeless colours lasts the equivalent of two to three traditional lipsticks
- The packaging can also be recycled with paper and cardboard if there isn’t an option to compost or bury.
Best known for its global best-selling range of high-performance beauty bars for hair, face and body, Ethique’s innovative new lipstick range provides bold colour whilst having a big impact on the environment. Each lipstick contains high quality, direct trade and regeneratively produced ingredients. These include plant-based waxes and castor oil, as well as organic moringa oil sourced directly from a farming cooperative in Rwanda; ensuring suppliers receive fair prices well above market, good working conditions, a source of income during the off-season and the support to thrive.
With the launch of its new lipstick range, Ethique hopes to help tackle the waste and harm associated with cosmetics by offering a high-performance alternative, which it can achieve as:
- Each Ethique lipstick is the equivalent of two to three traditional lipsticks, saving up to three plastic lipstick tubes from manufacture and subsequent disposal.
- Each lipstick is carbon positive. Once the product is finished, the packaging can be popped in the compost bin or buried in the garden to break down, releasing valuable nutrients back into the soil.
Priced at RRP £15 (8g) Ethique lipsticks are available from 14th April 2022 at ethique.co.uk or from your local Boots store.
How to use;
Push up less colour than you think you’ll need. For a saturated, high-pigment look, swipe directly on to lips or apply with a lip brush. For a matte-finish, blot lips with a tissue after application. For a soft, diffused look, dab on colour with a fingertip.
When empty, pop this tube into the compost, bury it in the soil or a plant pot where it will naturally break down and support new growth. Plastic-free packaging can also be recycled according to local guidelines.
Now available in shades;
Mallow (blush pink), Honeysuckle (warm peach), Snapdragon (rosy mauve), Hibiscus (vibrant coral), Dahlia (terracotta brown), Poppy (ruby red) and Tulip (deep berry).