Greta Gerwig’s Barbie is finally gearing up to hit the big screen, and Barbiecore is about to be everywhere this summer.
If you’re living under a rock, Barbiecore has gained popularity because of its hot pink, girly aesthetic, and compelling choice of wardrobe, since Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling were papped in fluorescent 80s-inspired outfits this month.
To celebrate in true Barbie girl style, The Bottle Club is sharing 5 of the girliest drink recipes to sip solo or whilst throwing Barbie-themed parties with friends.
- Classic Cosmopolitan
The classic Cosmopolitan is the perfect pre-dinner drink to get your Barbie-themed party started, and is paired beautifully with a martini glass. It is also proven that the long stems of martini glasses will help keep your drink colder for longer.
How to shake up the Classic Cosmo at home:
- CIROC SUMMER CITRUS VODKA – 35ml
- Lime Juice – 20ml
- Triple Sec – 20ml
- Cranberry Juice – 40ml
- Orange Zest or Lime Wheel
- Plenty of ice
- Chilled Martini Glass
- Pour 35ml of citrus vodka, 20ml of lime juice, 20ml of triple sec, and 40ml of cranberry juice into a shaker with cubed ice.
- Shake for 15 seconds or until condensation forms outside the shaker. Fine strain into your saucer and garnish with a flamed orange zest.
- Ideally, a martini saucer will add that extra touch of elegance to your drink. This sophisticated set of four martini glasses from tabletop industry leader Mikasa will do just the trick.
2. Pink Heather Cocktail
For whisky drinkers, it can be difficult to find the most delicious and romantic cocktail recipes – well look no further than the pink heather cocktail. Whip this up for your whisky-loving girlfriends and you’re sure to have a good night. Recipe below.
- 2 oz Johnnie Walker Blue Whisky (recommended by The Bottle Club)
- 1 oz strawberry liqueur
- Top with sparkling rose wine
- Strawberries for garnish
- Pour the whisky and the strawberry liqueur into a chilled champagne flute.
- Top up with sparkling wine.
- Serve and enjoy!
3. Frozen Strawberry Margarita
When the sun comes out, it would be rude not to blend a refreshing frozen cocktail, and what better way than the hot pink combination of tropical watermelon with a tantalizing tequila.
- (320 g) seedless watermelon rind removed, cubed
- Strawberries for garnish
- Half a lime, squeezed
- 50ml Teramana Tequila (recommended by The Bottle Club)
- 50ml Orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup ice or more
- Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 2 hours (optional but makes it even more refreshing)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and pulse until thoroughly combined and smooth. Add more ice if needed to get the consistency you like.
- Pour into salt or sugar-rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Sip and enjoy!
4. Strawberry and Baileys Cream Dream Milkshake
If you want to add a bit of something extra to your good old-fashioned strawberry milkshake game, then this is the recipe for you. This refreshing boozy milkshake is the perfect mixture of fruity and creamy and will not disappoint:
- 200g of fresh strawberries
- 400g strawberry ice cream (vegan if wanted)
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150ml whole milk or oat milk for a vegan/dairy-free alternative
- 2 tablespoons of sugar for those with a sweeter tooth
- 2 oz. of Baileys Strawberries and Cream
- 1 Strawberry
- Whipped cream
- You know the drill – Take your ice cream out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before making your shake.
- Chop your strawberries and add your ice cream, vanilla extract, milk, and baileys to your blender.
- We’d recommend tasting your shake before deciding if you want to add a bit more sugar.
- Pour your milkshake in a glass with ice, add the whipped and a strawberry for decoration, and there you have it – the perfect boozy strawberry milkshake.
- Pink Bombay Bramble
step aside pink gin, Bombay Sapphire has released a crimson gin made from freshly harvested blackberries and raspberries! If you love a bramble – you’ll love this twist on the classic Bramble cocktail.
- 50ml Bombay Bramble
- 25ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20ml sugar syrup
- Crushed ice
- Lemon wedge
- Add 50ml of Bombay Bramble, 25ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 20ml of sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker
- Shake well
- Pour over crushed ice
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and fresh berries